Important information for film crews and Drone users within Belfast Harbour Estate
With advances in technology the use of drones for private or commercial use has increased considerably.
As a result a number of issues regarding the use of drones have come to light which relate to public safety, security, and privacy.
Legislation governing the use of Drones within the proximity of many UK Airports has recently come into force and as a result all of the Harbour Estate lies within the new ‘Exclusion Zone’ surrounding George Best Belfast City Airport.
If you would like to apply for permission to use and operate an unmanned aerial vehicle or system (Drone) within the Belfast Harbour Estate, you must complete and sign the Application Form below and also send the following documentation to email@example.com
- * Written authority from Air Traffic Control at George Best Belfast City Airport – without this your application will be automatically rejected
- CAA Certification including your full Drone Pilots Licence
- Permission for Commercial Operations (PFCO) issued by The CAA
- Public Liability Insurance Policy to the value of £10 million
- Map of proposed flight path
- Risk Assessment
The following link gives useful information in relation to the use of Drones throughout the UK: https://dronesafe.uk/safety-apps/
* To apply for authority to fly a Drone within the City Airport Exclusion Zone email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION TO FLY DRONE BELFAST HARBOUR ESTATE 2019.pdf
Please report any suspicious Drone activity to Belfast Harbour Police on 028 9055 3000.